Tulsa engineering expert and AAB founder Alan Betchan shares about the steps involved in helping ShawHomes.com to develop a neighborhood at 131st and Sheridan.
Learn more about AAB’s Tulsa topographic surveying services:
DEFINITION – A Topographic Survey is a survey that gathers data about the elevation of points on a piece of land and presents them as contour lines on a plot. … Topographic maps are used to show elevations and grading features for architects, engineers, and building contractors.
- What type of gear and equipment do you need to do topographic surveys?
- TopCon GPS Products – https://geo-tronics.com/product/topcon-hiper-sr-longlink-base-rover-ggd-10-hz/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=shp&utm_network=g&utm_mobile=0&utm_creative=400145427004&utm_position=&utm_random=5333420933968887862&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIotiL1OXT5wIVzMDACh3A4AitEAQYAiABEgJyIvD_BwE&utm_campaign=shopping%20-%20united%20states&utm_ad_group_id=72145&utm_campaign_id=253886&utm_prod_id=458
- When did you first buy topographic equipment?
- At the age of 30.
- How much does it cost to buy topographic equipment?
- $100,000 + of investment was needed to buy Alan’s initial set of topographic equipment.
- What is a hypotenuse?
- The longest side of a right triangle, opposite the right angle.
- What is lidar?
- Lidar is a surveying method that measures distance to a target by illuminating the target with laser light and measuring the reflected light with a sensor.
- Who needs topographic surveying?
- Anybody buying land.
- Contractors prior to moving dirt.
- Land owners who are getting prepared to move land.
- Anybody looking to do border surveys.
Learn more at: www.AABEng.com
Definition – Tax Increment Finance District – Tax increment financing (TIF) is a public financing method that is used as a subsidy for redevelopment, infrastructure, and other community-improvement projects in many countries, including the United States. The original intent of a TIF program is to stimulate private investment with a blighted area that has been designated to be in need of economic revitalization. Similar or related value capture strategies are used around the world.
AMPLE EXAMPLE – The Broken Arrow Arrow Rose District
AMPLE EXAMPLE – The Brookover Corner project – https://www.brookovercorner.com/
AMPLE EXAMPLE – The Tulsa Hills shopping development
- Step 1 – A client asks how to configure a piece of property
- Step 2 – Alan suggested to go after TIF money
- Step 3 – AAB must go to the city to start negotiating and educating the city about the process.
- Step 4 – When I’m done with the project the developer can earn up to half of the ad valorem.
This week AAB Tulsa Engineering is working on the following projects and more:
- Dollar General in Collinsville, Wichita, Miami
- 175 lot subdivision
- Turning a piece of land into a development
- Civil plans
- Road grade
- Sanitary sewer
- Cost – $3,500 – $4,500 per acre
- Badland – Floodplain, zoning issues, wetlands
- Remediation – The action of remedying something, in particular of reversing or stopping environmental damage.
- Construction staking in Glenpool
- New project in South Dakota and Kansas
- Hire an engineer before you buy the land
- Letter of Map Revision