Learn more about AAB’s Tulsa topographic surveying services:
DEFINITION – A Topographic Survey is a survey that gathers data about the elevation of points on a piece of land and presents them as contour lines on a plot. … Topographic maps are used to show elevations and grading features for architects, engineers, and building contractors.
- What type of gear and equipment do you need to do topographic surveys?
- TopCon GPS Products – https://geo-tronics.com/product/topcon-hiper-sr-longlink-base-rover-ggd-10-hz/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=shp&utm_network=g&utm_mobile=0&utm_creative=400145427004&utm_position=&utm_random=5333420933968887862&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIotiL1OXT5wIVzMDACh3A4AitEAQYAiABEgJyIvD_BwE&utm_campaign=shopping%20-%20united%20states&utm_ad_group_id=72145&utm_campaign_id=253886&utm_prod_id=458
- When did you first buy topographic equipment?
- At the age of 30.
- How much does it cost to buy topographic equipment?
- $100,000 + of investment was needed to buy Alan’s initial set of topographic equipment.
- What is a hypotenuse?
- The longest side of a right triangle, opposite the right angle.
- What is lidar?
- Lidar is a surveying method that measures distance to a target by illuminating the target with laser light and measuring the reflected light with a sensor.
- Who needs topographic surveying?
- Anybody buying land.
- Contractors prior to moving dirt.
- Land owners who are getting prepared to move land.
- Anybody looking to do border surveys.